February 1, 2011
In order to market the new “First Strike” map pack, Treyarch has compiled a nice little “infrographic” to show off the online statistics for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Some of the highlights are…
Top three Guns:
Top three Perks:
- Slight of Hand
- 3.4 Billion crossbow bolts fired
- Players ran around the earth 129,069 times
- 28,494,020 tomahawk bank shots
- 1,273,209,731 aircraft downed
- 994,665,956 cars destroyed
- 5,124,592,368 headshots
- 242,316,815 players skewered
- 591,779,577 executions
- 10,059,041,802 paybacks
- 7,127,942,471 contract CoD points
- RC-XD is the deadliest killstreak, with Valkyries being the least deadliest.
January 3, 2011
It’s been a long run Cerberus Network. Since the launch of Mass Effect 2 almost a year ago, the Cerberus Network has been reporting on fake news about recent goings ons in the galaxy. From abandoned spaceships, to the New Year’s Ball being kidnapped, Cerberus Network has allowed us to stay informed.
However, all things end, and the Cerberus Network is no exception.
Cerberus Daily News for Jan. 2, 2011
- OUT-OF-GAME NOTICE: The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention, comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to go, but we had fun — we hope you did, too!
Hopefully it isn’t to long until that next DLC comes out, the Cerberus Network will be missed, hopefully it returns in Mass Effect 3.
January 3, 2011
The winds of change are blowing, and it is starting with Battlefield 3.
Today, DICE dropped the bomb stating that the new tech Battlefield 3 is to “high tech” for the Windows XP to handle.
“Frostbite 2 is primarily developed for DX11. XP & DX9 is _not_ supported, 64-bit OS is recommended,” stated Andersson.
Battlefield 3 is going to be released whenever DICE wants it to be, however EA is hoping to have it launch in the 3rd quarter of this year.
November 30, 2010
Those of you who have grown tired of the last “Free to Play” Battlefield Heroes, never fear. EA has gotten one step closer to releasing their next free to play game, Battlefield Play4Free. For those of you who don’t know what this is, it’s a hybrid of Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, and features many features from the 2 games. While the core game is free to play, much equipment and weapons needed to be purchased.
The game has just launched it closed beta, and the game is set to release Spring 2011.
November 30, 2010
The much awaited expansion pack for the popular online battlefield, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is finally on the horizon. The much await Vietnam expansion pack is almost here, and from what we’ve seen, it’s look very sweet.
Below is some footage of the gameplay. Look at it, love it.
Beautiful, yes? Well, you can buy this wonderful expansion pack on December 18th for those of you who have a PC, and the 21st for all Xbox 360 or PS3 owners. It’ll cost you 15 bucks (1200 MSP)
November 27, 2010
Now originally an associate of Ubisoft had this to say.
“I don’t think there’s going to be an Assassin’s Creed in 2011. I think we’re going to let it breathe a bit and really focus on bringing something new and exciting for the next time around.” — Ubisoft associate producer Jean-Francois Boivin, July 2010.
And that is something I understand and actually kind of want. But with 1 million copies sold of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood sold in the first week in the UK, Ubisoft can see well enough that fans crave the Creed. And with announcing the news of the 1 million came another big announcement. A “big” Assassin’s Creed game will be coming 2011. “Yes, Yves [Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO] mentioned it last week in our financials – and more details will be forthcoming,” Sardin said. “But what I can say is that next year we will have another big Assassin’s Creed game.”
Now it is unclear whether this is the third installment to the series or a spin off, or even a continuation like Brotherhood. No matter what it is we have a bit of info on it already. Ubisoft has confirmed that the multiplayer introduced with Brotherhood will remain an integral part of the series. We also know that like Brotherhood, DLC will be a part. Thats about it. Hopefully details will surface soon, so we can know what happens after the ending of Brotherhood!
November 24, 2010
It’s good to see that BioWare is actually keeping track of the stats that Mass Effect 2 players are putting. In a recently published list by Destructiod, stats show many cool things, such as 83% of Shepards were male. Check the list below (And if you haven’t played the game yet, don’t worry, it is spoiler free).
- 83% of players created their own face for Shepard
- 82% play as male Shepard, 18% as female Shepard
- The Soldier class is far and away the most popular class at 65%
- <Archangel> was among the most popular squad members selected for missions
- 10% of players never let <The Krogan> out of <his/her thing>
- Only 50% of players have fully upgraded the <Ship> by the end of the game
- 14% of squad members die in the end-game, on average
- 36% of players chose the <Renegade choice> in the end-game
Looking at these stats just gets me all excited for some more Mass Effect. Let’s hope that on December 11th we’ll learn more about the next Mass Effect.